Friday, March 19, 2010

Ups and downs

Ava has been fighting a nasty cold virus this week. David and I have taken turns staying home with her and Wednesday was my day. After waking up in the middle of the night because of a coughing fit that ended in throwing up (and a visit to the doctor resulted in an eye infection diagnosis in addition to her cold), I thought she could use some sunshine, fresh air, and a little fun.

I couldn't believe how fearless she was, she climbed up the ladders, slid down the biggest slides, and even climbed the big kids' rock wall. It really hit me at how big she's gotten, seemingly overnight. Didn't she just learn to walk?

But, I think we may have overdone it a bit, because after a short nap she had a meltdown. Sobbing huge elephant tears because Daddy wasn't home to help her put Darbie's clothes on (despite the fact that I had offered to help).
This was so unlike my usually easygoing little one, I had to take a picture. Which set off a whole new batch of tears. "Don't take my picture, I'm crying."

In other news, I think Ava's watching too much TV. How do I know? This was the conversation her dolls were having yesterday:
"Are we clear?"
"Claritin clear."

I just have to get David on board with this ban, as he's as big a TV fan as Ava. I don't want to give up movies, though, because I am totally addicted to watching Masterpiece theater online.We watched 39 Steps last night and it was so good. (David hooked up the computer to the TV with so we can watch it on the bigger screen.)


The film is based on the book of the same name by Scottish author John Buchan, who, honestly, I've never heard of. But, I'm really interested in reading the book now and there are apparently four others in the series.

Now that Ava is feeling better, David has caught her cold. He stayed home today and she went back to school, but she was doing everything she could to convince us to let her stay home and watch cartoons (see, she's addicted!). When she and I were finally in the car on the way to school, she looks over at the car next to us and says, "Her little girl isn't in her car. Her little girl is home with her daddy." And sticks out a little pouty lip. She's 3.5 and she's already trying to guilt me...I'm dreading the teenager years...

No comments:

Post a Comment